Monday, February 03, 2014

The Black Box

I finished The Black Box, by Michael Connelly.  His series about Hieronymus (Harry) Bosch is one of my favourite crime series, and the lastest book has not let me down at all.

Harry is a detective in Los Angeles, now working in the unsolved cases unit.  In 1992 he was working during the riots, and was called to the site of the death of a woman who had been shot in an alley.  Now, in 2012, Harry has the chance to solve the crime at last.  There is a personal backstory too, with Harry's daughter and his relationship with his new lady making progress.

I always these books very satisfying, and I like Harry.  He's a good character, and very well drawn by Michael Connelly.  The books are definitely best read in order, and some intersect with Mickey Haller, who turns out to be Harry's half brother.

Top marks.

And now for a complete change of pace, I have started The Light Between Oceans, by M L Stedman.  I'm about a quarter way through, and really liking this story.  More when I'm finished.

No comments: